Deadly Play by Petra Pierre-Robertson

There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. (Proverbs 14:12 NKJV)



Killer bees?

I saw a missed video call and two disturbing images.


I called him back.


"Are those killer bees in that pic? What is that object they killed?"


"Auntie that is not bees. That is feathers. I came home to see them all over the yard. A cock flew over the wall and the three Rottweilers and German Shepherd had a time playing with him."


"Playing?" I was confused. What I saw did not look like the remnants of play. It looked like a crime or war scene. "And they didn't eat it?"


"They don't eat raw meat. They just had fun with it and plucked it clean. All its feathers are strewn over the yard. I came home to find it almost lifeless."



Deadly play

Deadly play. My mind ran with the symbolism. I thought of another stalker, symbolised in an animal, a lion. An archenemy whose play also leads to suffering and death.

I thought of scenarios where unsuspecting (and sometimes rebellious) hens and roosters also sought to fraternise with enemies (posing as friends) who didn't like the symbolic raw meat. It wasn't in their class. But they would play with it, have fun with it, and discard it afterwards. It would be plucked of clothes/feathers and dignity, and left bruised, battered, suffering and sometimes dying in the aftermath.


"Deadly play" I opined.

It was a sobering thought.


"Yup..." he echoed. "So much for an early rest. Let me go clean up."


"Will the rooster survive?"


"I doubt it. It barely has life in it"


I looked at the dogs (players) standing by the gate awaiting another unsuspecting victim to walk, strut or fly into their lair/den/space like the rooster did. Like some humans do; even Christians...



Be vigilant

Dear Reader.


May the grace of God keep you from harm. May he watch over your life. May the Lord watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. (Psalm 121:7-8 NIV)


And, may you allow Him to do so by walking in the path He has set out for you. In all your ways acknowledge him and He shall direct thy path (Proverbs 3:6 KJV)


Also...

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8)


(Thanks for the sudden muse my nephew. I have been too busy to blog lately. I stopped what I was doing to blog this).

Comments

  1. That is what sin does to us. We play with sin, not studying the consequences of our actions and the repercussions that it entails. May we open our eyes heart and mind to God. Blessings. Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to read this ,it just showing what to expect in life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in the Darkness by Petra Pierre-Robertson

The Promise by Petra Pierre-Robertson

“Who do you say I am?” by Petra Pierre - Robertson