All That Glitters by Petra Pierre-Robertson


"..man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1Samuel 16:7
Yellow, juicy and sweet...!

The season was soon coming to an end. We were savouring the remnants of the mangoes. It was called starch. It was yellow, juicy and sweet. We portioned off the last set we had.
He passed by with a particularly yellow unblemished mango in his hand.

Yellow and unblemished!

I couldn't resist asking, "Can I have that one?" 
Unhesitatingly, he graciously gave it to me.
   "Are you sure you want to give it to me?"
He loved mangoes even more than I did, yet he unhesitatingly responded:
   Yes. No problem. I will take this small one right here."
I looked at the mango he selected. It was spotted and looked blemished. It was also smaller than the one I had.


Small, spotted and blemished

 We both bit into our individual treasures. 
Look at this? I blurted out in consternation.
The inside of my mango was discoloured and hard. I had to take a knife to cut out parts of it.

Just look at this!

How was yours? I asked
He laughed loudly "Mine was perfect...they really say the grass looks greener on the other side. Blog that..."
And I did. Here it is.
A simple truism.
All that glitters is not gold 
Don't judge a book by its cover.
Beauty is skin deep.
Man looks on the outward appearance but God looks on the heart. (1Samuel 16:7)
As we face this new week, may we not be fooled by appearances. Dig deeper...
Blessings!

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Matthew 23:28



Comments

  1. Those lumpy starch mangoes are really a drag. My favourite mangoes are julie and starch but one can be fooled by the outer appearance sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in the Darkness by Petra Pierre-Robertson

The Promise by Petra Pierre-Robertson

“Who do you say I am?” by Petra Pierre - Robertson